Australia & New Zealand
Responding to the unique needs of the growing number of South Africans living in Australia and New Zealand, we are now proud to offer services directly to our individual clients in these countries.
Our firm has for the last 10 years provided exemplary and reliable service in the property law, conveyancing and estate administration sectors, and has in the last couple of years dealt with more and more of our clients living and working overseas who need their property and estate matters in South Africa attended to.
To manage a transaction over great distances and borders goes hand in hand with various insecurities and risks for a client in the control and effective handling of a transaction. Contrary to these risks and insecurities, we now offer a professional team, able to meet directly with clients in Australia and New Zealand regarding property and estate matters that require attention in South Africa.
Regarding property transactions, we are ready to assist from Australia and New Zealand with, among other, the following:
- Receipt and handling of property transfers. The client can with confidence and from the comfort of his or her overseas home, interact directly with a representative of our firm, who will meet with and lead the client through the entire process until finalisation of transfer.
- Transfer of funds at finalisation. To transfer capital funds from South Africa can be a time consuming and confusing process. We are equipped with the knowledge and experience to assist with the engagement with the South African Revenue Service and the eventual transfer of funds to the client’s overseas bank account.
- Regarding deceased estates, we are ready to assist from Australia and New Zealand with, among other, the following:
- Reporting of a deceased estate to the relevant Master’s office within South Africa, of the estate of a loved one or family member where there are still assets in South Africa which form part of the estate.
- Obtaining the Letters of Executorship.
- Winding up of a deceased estate to finality, and acceptance by the Master of the Final Liquidation and Distribution account. Transfer of funds at finalisation.
- To transfer an inheritance from South Africa can be a time consuming and confusing process. We are equipped with the knowledge and experience to assist with the engagement with the South African Revenue Service and the eventual transfer of funds to the client’s overseas bank account.
Our firm currently handles property transactions in any Deeds Office within South Africa and is ideally situated to offer the South African overseas peace of mind in the personal handling of what is very often a person’s largest asset.
We are able to handle deceased estate matters at any Master’s office within South Africa and is able to personally guide the overseas South African through what is often a difficult and emotional time that requires precisely such personal attention.